To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.

Like-Kind Exchange Reporting

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Please help to improve this summary page!

This page needs additional information and clean-up before it will really be of use to the TaxAlmanac community. We strongly encourage you to edit this article. Make any additions or changes you believe are valuable. Don't worry about making it perfect or complete as others will follow and add to your contributions. The most important thing is to get the ball rolling, so please do so!

A gain calculated in Part III of Form 8824, will need to be reported on either Form 4797 or Schedule D. If it is a capital gain, report it on Schedule D. Ordinary income (line 21 of the 8824) will need to be reported in Part II of the 4797. Section 1231 gain would need to be reported in Part I of Form 4797. See Like-Kind Exchange for additional information.

Personal tools