User talk:Gerrid7

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search
Leave a message for Gerrid7

This page is where you can leave a message for Gerrid7. Gerrid7 will be notified of messages the next time they access TaxAlmanac.

Please make sure to sign your message by adding four tildes: ~~~~ at the end of your message.

If you are actually Gerrid7, this is your page. Feel free to edit your discussion page to add or remove anything you'd like.

Leave a message for Gerrid7 by clicking here


Just wanted to keep you updated on your question. It has recieved a response and is currently located at Quickbooks Premiere. Any further updates should also appear there.

If there are any questions or concerns, please contact us at


Rodney Fowler

Greetings Gerrid,

I saw your question regarding Quickbooks. I posted it under Ask or Answer a Tax Question. It may get better visibility there with other Tax Almanac users. Thanks! Tina Meeker


Hello and welcome to TaxAlmanac. Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:

I hope you enjoy editing here and being a member of the TaxAlmanac community! By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome!

Tdoyle 23:04, 25 May 2005 (CDT)

Your Question

I moved the question you asked in the article area to the Tax Questions Discussion Forum. You can view your question and any answers it receives at Discussion:Convert LLC partnership to C corporation.

Let me know if I can be of any further help. By the way - welcome back!

- Tim Doyle, TaxAlmanac Moderator - Talk to me 10:00, 2 February 2007 (CST)

Articles vs discussions (and "moving" your user name)

Hi, Gerrid7: In April you posted a new article. Articles on TA are for passing along facts and info to other users. Your article actually appears to be more of a tax question, and as such it shouldn't be an article. I'll paste the contents below, in case you want to start a tax discussion to ask the question.

Also, at some point you tried to "move" your name to GOklahoma? Unfortunately, you can't actually do a name change like that; you either have to request an official name change - which I wouldn't recommend unless you have a ton of user history - or start over. I see that you have, in fact, started over in the past, as OkieTaxMan. I've reverted the GOklahoma move attempt. In the future, sign in as either Gerrid7 or OkieTaxMan.

Trillium 14:14, 26 May 2012 (UTC)

Here's the content from your article, which will be deleted:

Treasury Stock/Negative Equity: S Corporation has 1 shareholder who wants to retire and sell company to family member.

To help the retiring shareholder (with taxes: capital gain on sale of stock rather than recapture on sale of assets) we setup the transaction as a treasury stock transaction where the company purchased all but a few shares of his stock with the remainder of his stock being sold to the entering family member. {1000 shares outstanding before transaction (990 purchased by company, 10 purchased by family member)}. The treasury stock transaction will considerably exceed the common stock, retained earnings, and accumulated adjustments as shown in the equity portion of the balance sheet. What issues/pitfalls do I need to be concerned with? Is there a problem with a negative equity on balance sheet due to the cost of the treasury stock? I assume this will restrict future distributions until the equity has increased above zero.

Personal tools