From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

I prepared a Federal return for a client and recorded a SEP contribution of $2000 for tax year 2007. The return was efiled 4/5/2008. The client has now contacted me (5/1/2008) and indicated that he recently received a 1099 for additional income. I will need to amend the return. But the additional income would allow the client to contribute more to his SEP account.

My question is whether the taxpayer can I make my additional contribution for 2007 when filing an amended return?

Any help would be appreciated!

Personal tools