Publication 926

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

You Are Here: Main Page > Tax Research Resources > Forms & Publications > Publication 926

Household Employer's Tax Guide


The information in this publication applies to you only if you have a household employee. If you have a household employee in the current tax year, you may need to pay state and federal employment taxes for this year. You generally must add your federal employment taxes to the income tax that you will report on your current year federal income tax return.

This publication will help you decide whether you have a household employee and, if you do, whether you need to pay federal employment taxes (social security tax, Medicare tax, federal unemployment tax, and federal income tax withholding). It explains how to figure, pay, and report these taxes for your household employee. It also explains what records you need to keep.

This publication also tells you where to find out whether you need to pay state unemployment tax for your household employee.


Personal tools