Discussion:Self Employed Per Diem

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> Self Employed Per Diem

Solomon (talk|edits) said:

27 November 2005
Can a self employed person use per diem rates - including lodging - while travelling away from home? I remember reading somewhere in IRS literature that one can do this, but don't remember where I read it.

Rontaxcpa (talk|edits) said:

29 November 2005
I believe that self-employeds can used the M&IE rates, but not the lodging rates, which must be verified

Mastill (talk|edits) said:

1 December 2005
Self employed person must use actual expense on lodging.

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools