Discussion:Sec 179

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> Sec 179

Link1time (talk|edits) said:

11 January 2007
Have a client that filed an extension but is just now filing their 2005 return. Can taxpayer still elect sec. 179 since the return is past due? He will be receiving a refund.

Deback (talk|edits) said:

January 12, 2007
Yes, he can elect Sec 179 and has three years from the due date to do so. Publication 946, page 22

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools