Discussion:Schedule F or Schedule E

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> Schedule F or Schedule E

Ardelea (talk|edits) said:

26 February 2007
My client bought a farm in 2005 and did the farming himself. None of his crop was sold in 2005. In 2006 he cash rented the farm and his 2005 crop was sold. I plan to report all 2006 income and expense on Schedule E, but should the proceeds of the 2005 crop be filed on Schedule F?

Deback (talk|edits) said:

February 26, 2007
Yes, since he did the farming himself for that income.

Kevinh5 (talk|edits) said:

26 February 2007
have you looked at Form 4835?

Sw (talk|edits) said:

February 26, 2007
Income received from crop in 2006 should be on Schedule F. If it's just cash rent not on crop shares, income should go on Schedule E, probably need to file both forms.

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools