Discussion:Long Term Health Care Premium for the self-employed

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> Long Term Health Care Premium for the self-employed

Voorburg (talk|edits) said:

9 March 2006
Is it possible to deduct Long Term Health Care Premium on Sch C or as an Adjustment to Income on page 1 of 1040?

Taxref (talk|edits) said:

10 March 2006
Long term care policies are considered health insurance for purposes of the SE health insurance deduction. However, deductions are limited to the amounts which would be allowed on Schedule A based on age.

Voorburg (talk|edits) said:

10 March 2006
Thank you Taxref. Learned something again. Voorburg

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools