Discussion:Income earned in iraq

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> Income earned in iraq

Smegiia (talk|edits) said:

12 January 2007
my client, a US citizen, worked in iraq for 100 days [minus 10 days vacation in US] in 2005 and all of 2006 [minus 20 days vacation in US & 10 days vacation in canada]. can he exclude 82400 in 2006 and a prorated portion of the max exclusion in 2005?

Lhhesscpa (talk|edits) said:

12 January 2007
JD, assuming he has or will be outside of the U.S. for 330 days out of any consecutive 12 months, he would qualify under the physical presence test for the foreign earned income exclusion for 2005. Using your facts, the exclusion will be $21,818 ($80,000 X 90/330). -- Larry Hess, CPA, Albuquerque, NM - Talk to me

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools