Discussion:Health Ins Prem

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> Health Ins Prem

Easytax (talk|edits) said:

5 January 2006
Employer would like to pay each employee $100/month upon proof of coverage elsewhere.

Cost to employer would be recorded as fringe benefits. Would the $100/month be included on the employee W-2 as compensation? Easytax 14:44, 5 January 2006 (CST)

Riley2 (talk|edits) said:

5 January 2006
As long as the employer obtains proof that the premiums are actually paid, this appears to be excludible under Revenue Ruling 61-146.

Lsr (talk|edits) said:

6 January 2006
You may want to look up requirements for medical reimbursement plans. I believe the requirements and eligible participants vary depending on type of entity the employer is.

Riley2 (talk|edits) said:

7 January 2006
Medical reimbursment plans are under Sec. 105 and are subject to the nondiscrimination rules under 105. It would be better to go under the Sec. 106 rules (med insur premiums).

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools