Discussion:Filing for telephone excise tax refund

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> Filing for telephone excise tax refund

1040man (talk|edits) said:

19 January 2007
Form 1040EZ-T cannot be filed with a state return. However, you can file

Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ to claim the telephone excise tax refund only and a state return can be attached to these returns. Follow the normal processing procedures for these returns by entering the required data such as filing status (even though it is not required on Form 1040EZ-T,standard deduction and other required data.

Death&Taxes (talk|edits) said:

19 January 2007
Gee, sir, you are the first person to post an answer, not a question!!!!!  :)

1040man (talk|edits) said:

19 January 2007
Just want to help the troops keep abreast of what is new in our daily endeavor.

KayefromPA (talk|edits) said:

19 February 2007
Two questions on businesses-

If the telephone expenses including the excise taxes were deducted during the prior months and a refund is received, will the refund generate income (or a reduction of telephone expenses) for cash basis businesses in 2007? For SCorp and Partnerships, does the refund appear on the K-1? Is a business with a taxable loss eligible for the refund credit?

JR1 (talk|edits) said:

February 19, 2007
Yes, income in 07, it'll just be part of the lower phone expense that flows thru the K1's or is on the Sch. C...and you don't have to have a profit to claim it.

Dennis (talk|edits) said:

19 February 2007
Anyone who doesn't show the refund specifically as other income is asking for trouble.

1040man (talk|edits) said:

20 February 2007
Dennis: Define "Anyone"

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools