Discussion:Change from Partnership to LLP & E-file question

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> Change from Partnership to LLP & E-file question

TaxManager (talk|edits) said:

12 January 2007
I have a side practice with my father that is a partnership. I want to make us an LLP. Do I need to refile an application with the IRS in order to e-file?

Rlgcpa (talk|edits) said:

13 January 2007
If you mean refile form SS-4, no. This is a change in form of business only, not a new entity.

Will (talk|edits) said:

13 January 2007
New e-file application required unfortunately. Publication 3112, page 16 says so, and that it can all be handled through e-services.

William Price, EA | Portland, OR - Talk to me

TaxManager (talk|edits) said:

16 January 2007
Thanks for you help. I guess I will wait until after April 15th to change it.

Deback (talk|edits) said:

January 16, 2007
TaxManager - You can also find more information about this by searching Google for: LLP LLC . I just found 4.4 million pages, but you might want to read just a couple.

Will (talk|edits) said:

16 January 2007
Good plan TM, I applied for mine in the 4th qtr of 2006 and it took about five weeks to get my number...

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools