From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Questions --> CHAR.CONTRIB.FOR IN-HOME OFFICE??

DCTAX1 (talk|edits) said:

7 April 2007
I have a client who wants to deduct the in-home office costs of a room she uses as the office for a non-profit organization she runs. She refers to it as an "in kind" contribution. My research doesn't turn up that this is a deductible contribution, but I'm willing to be proven wrong to help the client. Anyone have any ideas?

Riley2 (talk|edits) said:

8 April 2007
The Service’s position is that expenses that are incurred in a typical household (e.g. utilities, rent, etc.) cannot qualify for a charitable deduction. See Revenue Rulings 66-10 and 69-473.

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools