From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

Discussion Forum Index --> Tax Tips --> AMT

Chautauqua (talk|edits) said:

4 April 2006
When tax season is over, print a Form 6251 (Alternative Minimum Tax - Individuals) for each client, and for those not yet paying AMT, calculate the amount of additional AMT taxable income each taxpayer can report without paying AMT. Then, for those that are close to AMT, you have an opportunity to consult with the client to mitigate the impact of AMT, if possible. For those you can't help, at least you have forewarned them. All should be billable.

To join in on this discussion, you must first log in.
Personal tools