Announcement 2007-36

From TaxAlmanac, A Free Online Resource for Tax Professionals
Note: You are using this website at your own risk, subject to our Disclaimer and Website Use and Contribution Terms.

From TaxAlmanac

Jump to: navigation, search

You Are Here: Main Page > Tax Research Resources > Announcements > Announcement 2007-36

Internal Revenue Bulletin:

2007-15 April 9, 2007

Announcement 2007-36

Expenses for Household and Dependent Care Services Necessary for Gainful Employment; Correction



Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Treasury.


Correction to notice of proposed rulemaking.


This document contains a correction to notice of proposed rulemaking (REG-139059-02, 2006-24 I.R.B. 1052) that was published in the Federal Register on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 (71 FR 29847) regarding the credit for expenses for household and dependent care services necessary for gainful employment.


Sara Shepherd, (202) 622-4960 (not a toll-free call).



The notice of proposed rulemaking (REG-139059-02) that is the subject of this correction is under section 21 of the Internal Revenue Code.

Need for Correction

As published, the notice of proposed rulemaking (REG-139059-02) contains an error that may prove to be misleading and is in need of correction.

* * * * *

Correction of Publication

Accordingly, the notice of proposed rulemaking (REG-139059-02), that was the subject of FR Doc. E6-7390, is corrected as follows:


Paragraph 1. The authority citation for part 1 continues to read in part as follows:

Authority: 26 U.S.C. 7805 * * *

§ 1.21-1 [Corrected]

Par. 2. On page 29851, column 1, Sec. 1.21-1 is amended by revising paragraph (b)(5)(ii) to read as follows:

§ 1.21-1 Expenses for household and dependent

care services necessary for gainful employment. * * * * *

(b) * * *

(5) * * *

(ii) Custodial parent allowed the credit. A child to whom this paragraph (b)(5) applies is the qualifying individual of only one parent in any taxable year and is the qualifying child of the custodial parent even if the noncustodial parent may claim the dependency exemption for that child for that taxable year. See section 152(e). The custodial parent is the parent with whom a child shared the same principal place of abode the greater portion of the calendar year. See section 152(e)(4)(A).

* * * * *

Guy R. Traynor,
Branch Chief, Publications
and Regulations Branch,
Legal Processing Division,
Associate Chief Counsel
(Procedure and Administration).


(Filed by the Office of the Federal Register on July 5, 2006, 8:45 a.m., and published in the issue of the Federal Register for July 6, 2006, 71 F.R. 38322)

Personal tools